Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have replaced my brother cartiage with a new borther cartiage…

Customer Question
I have replaced my brother...
I have replaced my brother cartiage with a new borther cartiage about 3 weeks ago and I have not used this printer very much at all. the cyan cartiage shows to be needing to be replaced. This cxartiage is not empty of toner. What do I need to do?? I know it is not out of toner.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/22/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

You can replace the cartridge or try this reset.
The cartridge for your printer has what is called a flag
gear built in. It increments each time you print and will stop the
printer from printing when it reaches the end of its ESTIMATED life.
The cartridge may have toner left at this point.
You can reset this flag gear by unscrewing the end cap of the
cartridge (2 Phillips screws) and carefully removing it. You will see
a spring on the left over a white, partially-toothed gear. This is
the flag gear. Carefully remove the spring and gear, turn the gear
back, and re-install all. The cartridge is now re-set.

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

This did not work

There was only 1 spring and 1 gear, I turned the gear so it lined up just like the other cartage's and it still shows low on toner.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
You did not follow the instructions. There is only one spring and one gear in my answer. Your instructions were to turn it all the way back, not turn it like the others. If you had done this it would have reset the low toner signal when you installed it.