Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mp730. I bought a BCI-3e Multipack and inserted the…

Customer Question
I have a mp730. I...
I have a mp730. I bought a BCI-3e Multipack and inserted the Black Cartridge in the printer. I now have an alarm saying wrong cartridge. What should I do.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/22/2010
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. It is not uncommon for this to occur during the life cycle of an MP730, but it is usually fairly simple to fix. The first thing to do is to reseat the printhead itself. Use the directions below to do that and then let me know of the result. We can go from there if it does not correct the problem.

1. Make sure the power is turned on.

2. Press <Open> (1) and lift up the scanning unit (2). The print head holder automatically moves to the center of the machine.

CAUTION:
    Do not try to manually move or stop the print head holder.
    Do not touch any metal parts.
  3. Press on the tab to release the ink tank (A), then remove it from its slot (B). Repeat this process until all ink tanks have been removed from print head.

4. Lift up the lock lever and take out the print head.

5. Reinsert the print head.

6. Insert the ink tank into the empty slot on the print head. Press down gently on the top of the tank until an audible click is heard. Make sure the ink tank is inserted into the correct color slot.

7. Close the scanning unit until it locks into place.

8. When the LCD (A) displays [ALIGN PRINT HEAD], press <Set> on the operator panel. The machine will print a horizontal line pattern, and the LCD will display [CHANGE H VALUE] on the top row and [A 0] at the bottom row.

(A): Column A
    (0): Value for Column A

9. In column A on the printout, note which box has the most solid image. Note the value next to this box and use [Left cursor] or [Right cursor] on the operator panel to enter it then press <Set>.

10. Repeat step 9 for columns B to K.

11. When values for all columns have been entered and the LCD displays [PRINT VERT. PATTERN?] on the top row and [YES=(*) NO=(#)], press [#] to return to standby mode.

I see that you read my instructions.

Was the problem resolved or do you need additional information?

Please remember to click accept so I will be compensated for my time. If you do not click accept, I will not be paid. Thank you.

The answer didn't solve my problem at all. The message was still wrong cartridge. I didn't hear from you so I went to Canon and decided to buy a new printer from them directly. Your answer didn't help me at all.

Elisabeth Gerry

I see that my answer didn't help you at all, although I'm not sure what you were expecting to hear from me when I was waiting for you to tell me if it worked. It is impossible for me to help you solve a problem if you give me no feedback.

I'm always striving for excellence and to improve the level of service I provide. Can you help me by telling me what you were waiting to hear from me? Had I not failed to recognize that, it would have been clear that this was part of a troubleshooting process and that even the answers that don't give the final solution are of some help.

The worst disposition of a question not completely answered is when a customer feels, after you've spent time trying to help them that "your answer didn't solve my problem at all" ... "your answer didn't help me at all". It's extremely discouraging and I'd like your advice, if you have any, to help me get better at this so I don't spend too much time without getting paid. Thank you for coming to just answer and for any feedback you can provide.