Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Epson RX620 and on every photo output, it is printing…

Customer Question
I have a Epson RX620...
I have a Epson RX620 and on every photo output, it is printing lines in a uniform pattern across the page. To try and remedy this, I replaced all of the ink cartridges and attempted to clean the heads. It will not feed the paper for this function, although it will feed the paper in the "Nozzle Check" mode. It clicks and whirs and buzzes but ultimately resets to the setup menu. I feel as though I've wasted the $100+ for the new ink and am left with a printer I cannot use. Please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/22/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Please try the old cartridge and see if you get the same problem
If you don't then the new cartridge is defective and should be returned and exchanged for another
If it does give you the same problem please try the following

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Please note that not all issues can be fixed online.

The steps you were given may have confirmed the only solution is repair.

If that was the case please click "Accept”.

This may be but my primary question is, why can I not run the "Headcleaning" function which might aleviate this?
The steps I gave you is a manual head cleaning. If the print head gets to work or filled with dry ink the print head cleaning will not work.