Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother HL-2070N Laser printer that is having a problem…

Customer Question
I have a Brother HL-2070N...
I have a Brother HL-2070N Laser printer that is having a problem in that if I print one page, it prints fine, but draws another page about a 1/3 of the way through and stops leaving the red paper light flashing. I then have to yank that piece of paper out after opening the back cover, and if the red light doesn't stop flashing, I then hold down the ready button until it resets. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Do I need a new drum??
Thanks,
Mark
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/22/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

It sounds like your double feed prevention pad is not working. Clean the feed roller and pad.

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

Where is the feed roller and pad and how do I clean it? Do I have to disassemble the printer??
No, you just have to figure out how to get to it. If you pull out the paper tray the pad may be located on the end of the tray where the paper feed out. The feed roller is located just above the end of the paper tray where the paper feeds out and you may can get to it from the back cover.
I can see a roller when I open the back cover. I assume you are talking about that. Is the "pad" the one that that makes up the roller. I cannot turn the roller. With what and how do I clean it? I'm apologize for being such a dweeb.
Some of the brothers don't have a pad, but there are so many models I can't remember any more which one has what. The models that don't have a double feed pad have a little coil of wire built into the plastic in the tray where the paper feeds out. I don't know of anything to help that system work when it starts jamming. Brother has discontinued that system. Unplug the machine before trying to turn anything and don't force anything. You can possible reach under the roller to clean the other side of the roller.
It's still not working. Oh well. I think I either need to have a professional look at it, or more likely, buy a new printer.
Ok, good luck