Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i HAVE A sAVIN SLP 38C COLOR LASER PRINTER AND THE SENSORS…

Customer Question
i HAVE A sAVIN SLP...
i HAVE A sAVIN SLP 38C COLOR LASER PRINTER AND THE SENSORS WILL NOT RESET WHEN THE COVER IS OPENED AND CLOSED AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO...I'M TRYING TO DETERMINE IF THERE IS A BOARD FOR THE SENSORS OR THE BEST WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/21/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

The machine may require you to open and close additional door interlocks to verify there is no paper. Try and open and close each door interlock assuming that paper could be behind every door. Let me know what you find.

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

Charles, I verified that there are no popers jammed anywhere in the machine...I also checked the sensor in the front of the machine...while the door was open, i put a screwdrive in and pushed the but but it didn't make the red error light go out...is there a board that controls all of the sensors in this machine? Could that be the cause of the problem?
It is most likely an door interlock, or a sensor flag that is out of position. This machine has a diagnostics built in. Are there any erro codes?
nO CODES...BUT IT SAYS THERE IS A MISFEED IN THE 'A' AREA OF THE COPIER...I COULD NOT FIND ANY PAPER AT ALL IN THE A AREA OF THE COMPUTER...
There is one sensor in area a, can you find it and blow it out? Is there a finisher attached? Does the display change to show when you open the area a cover? Are you also opening the front cover while checking area a? Some of theses printers are particular about the order of operations when removing jams.
No finisher...do you know where the sensor is in area 'A'? If I know where to look, I'm sure I can find it and will then blow it out...also, nothing changes when I open the front cover or when I close it...It still gives the same message..."REMOVE MISFEED...A: INTERNAL PATH...SEE INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE FRONT COVER...
Did you follow the front cover instructions?

YES...DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE SENSOR FOR THE A AREA IS LOCATED? dO YOU HAVE A REPAIR MANUAL FOR THIS SPECIFIC MACHINE?

what area of the machine is it showing the jam? Feed in? Fuser? Transport? My manual does not include areas labeled a, b.
Relist: Answer quality.