Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

mfc brother 9700 paper jams every time

Customer Question
mfc brother 9700 paper jams every time
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/21/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Where does the paper stop?

its very easy to remove it just barely goes into the feeder only half the sheet prints then jams Charles

Is it jamming in the top document feeder?

yes it jams every sheet top paper in paper tray so i just open the drarwer and pull out drum unit and then pull out the paper but when i load it back it auto jams the next sheet

Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

Lets try restarting the printer and then see what happens.

Disconnect the printer from the computer and unplug it for 30 seconds. Leave it disconnected from the computer and make a copy. What happens?

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

its unplugged at computer when i try and press copy its just says paper jam
did the paper feed? was there a jam in the printer? Did you clear the jam before reboot?

Edited by charles_ebs on 6/21/2010 at 11:55 PM EST
yes i cleared it plugged it backj in and still jams maybe theres a small piece of paper in the roller ? its a bitch to get my hands back there and get those pieces out
Did it show a jam before you hit the copy button?
yes it did
OK, you need to make sure all those scraps of paper are out and all the jam sensor flags are in there home position in the sensor.
sensor ? now that sounds likea problem
The jam sensors are the little black rectangles parts recessed into the paper path and they have little flags that the paper moves as it goes by. They sometime get stuck for no apparent reason and sometimes it is pretty obvious why they are stuck open.
i cant find any lil pieces of paper
not sure what to do now Charles
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hi

From the symptoms you are getting there are two possibilities :
1. There is some paper or something jammed inside. Or the rollers have got misaligned due to previous jams.
2. The rollers have worned out with usage and need to be replaced.

Try to do this too :

Remove all ink cartridges. Turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times.
Then put it in right position, turn it on and see if you find some change

Open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust.

Try to rub the paper feed rollers with some rough moist cloth to increase its traction (grip).

If all this doesnt work than you can either send printer to manufacturer (which will be too expensive if its not in warranty) or to a local repair shop to get the rollers replaced.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.