Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I seem to have gotten a label stuck when I was printing labels.

Customer Question
Is there any way to...
I seem to have gotten a label stuck when I was printing labels. Is there any way to unstick the label or to open up the back so I can get my printer to start printing again? I have not been able to print anything all day and my day has been useless!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/21/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Clear the jam from the rear of the product
CAUTION: Never pull jammed paper from the front of the product. If you can pull it from the rear of the product or the tray, always try the rear first. Pulling paper from inside the front cover can cause mechanical damage to the product.
  1. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
  2. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  4. Press the tab on the left side of the rear access door, and then pull the door outward to remove it.
    Figure 1: Remove the rear access door
    Illustration of removing the rear access door
  5. Gently remove any jammed paper or bits of torn paper from the rollers inside the product. Use both hands to pull any whole sheets of paper to avoid tearing them.
    Figure 2: Remove the paper from the rollers
    Illustration of removing the jammed paper from the rollers
    CAUTION: Use a flashlight to thoroughly check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the product. If any torn pieces of paper remain inside the product, more jams are likely to occur.
    Figure 3: Remove scraps of paper
    Illustration of removing scraps of paper
  6. Gently push the rear access door into the product until it snaps firmly into place.
Also please follow ALL the steps on link below, and watch the video:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01368841&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3645094

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated