Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have HP Office jet pro 8500. Everytime I go to scan, I have…

Customer Question
I have HP Office jet...
I have HP Office jet pro 8500. Everytime I go to scan, I have to re-insert the program disc. What shall I do? Also, I cannot scan/copy from touch mode on the actual hardware.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/21/2010
Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
NeOh :

HI, Welcome to JustAnswer

NeOh :

Could you please explain the situation much more clear ?

NeOh :

Are you getting any error message when you scan ?

Chat Conversation Ended

Your expert is gathering additional information and will be back with you shortly.
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Do you still need assistance?

I do get an error message...It tells me that the information is on a disc that is not loaded. So, I proceed to place my disc in the slot and then it goes right on and scans. I have to go through this procedure every time I start a new scan session. I have gotten on the HP website, installed updates, downloaded the diagnostic. I have evn tried uninstalling and re-installing.

The second item is that I have to go through the computer to scan. I cannot use the touch pad on the scanner itself.

What operating system are you using?
Microsoft xp
The HP Digital Imaging Monitor software must be running in order to scan from the printer. If the software is running, the HP DIM icon ( ) appears in the lower-right area of the taskbar on your computer screen.
If the HP DIM icon appears in the taskbar, skip to Solution two: Set up the scan destination list .
If the HP DIM icon does not appear in the taskbar, follow these steps.
Click Start , and then click Run .
In the Open text box, type msconfig , and then click OK .
In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.
Search the list for HP Digital Imaging Monitor .If HP Digital Imaging Monitor is not on the list, the driver was not correctly installed or a custom install was used. You need to reinstall the software. Skip to Solution four: Uninstall and reinstall the software .
Select the HP Digital Imaging Monitor check box.
Click Apply , and then click Close .
Click Restart to restart the computer.
Try scanning again from the printer control panel.

Edited by charles_ebs on 6/21/2010 at 11:21 PM EST
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician