Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Because the printers will not enlarge, I cant enlarge the…

Customer Question
Because the printers will not...
Because the printers will not enlarge, I can't enlarge the tiny diagram for my Aiwa turntable. I cannot see well enough to do what it shows. By the way, I am a SENIOR CITIZEN, 78 AND ALSO HAVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS which makes all this difficult.Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/21/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Are you needing help getting the printer to enlarge?
I cannot get my 750 to give me the size I ask for anytime. I never know what to expect. My previous 750 worked like a charm in this regards. But if I ask for an 8x10 or any enlargement, it comes out the size of 2 postage stamps. But I must get it to speak English first. Otherwise I must choose in CM's. My j6480 only gives me choices in percentages. I must have it like 4x6, 8x10, fill the page, poster, etc. It is in English, tho. I don't know what to expect by 72% etc. It is just as much a problem trying to get these to reduce.
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
First of all (though this may not answer your question directly):
If you are viewing the AIWA diagram in a Web Browser (such as Internet Explorer ["the big blue E"], or Firefox), you can make it larger enough for you to see it (without printing it out) by holding down the Ctrl key, and pressing the + key on the right side of your keyboard. This makes the browser program Zoom In (or enlarge) the web page.

If the AIWA diagram is an image file on your computer's hard disk, then you can use MS Paint to expand it: Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - Paint, then use File - Open to open the file with MS Paint.
Once it is displayed in the Paint program, hold the Ctrl key, and press the PageDown key once. That will enlarge it a lot!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for your printer:
In the program you are printing from, try going to File - Page Setup, and change the scale ( % ) to some multiple of 100, e.g. 200 %, 400 %, and you will find your printouts enlarged correspondingly. (This works on images or image files also, as well as text, at least in some programs.)
(You may have to un-check 'Shrink To Scale', next to the percentage size setting, before you will be able to adjust it. When changing settings, be sure to click OK to save them before printing.)

If this helps with the problem - and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.) And, favorable feedback is appreciated.
(If this answer is still in any way inadequate, just ask for further details and I will try to get the right and complete answer to you.)