Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer shows a paper jam. I have removed a small piece…

Customer Question
My printer shows a paper...
My printer shows a paper jam. I have removed a small piece of paper, followed all the instructions and I still get a paper jam message. I have removed my paper tray, check every thing and I can find not paper in the machine. I have tried this fifteen or twenty times and still get "paper jam". Any solutions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/20/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Could you please confirm the model number of your Brother printer ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
I have already given that information but here goes: MFC-845CW

Actually I have received "MFC-84CW" on your original question, that's why I requested you to confirm. Thank you! Smile

Sorry, I'm just getting old and my eyesite is going!!!!

No problem at all! Smile

Please follow ALL the steps on link below:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/000500/000065/faq000565_013.html?reg=us&c=us⟨=en∏=mfc845cw_us

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

It did not work. I did everything requested and it clicked a couple of times and then showed paper jam again.

Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. If there is nothing obvious, un-plug the printer power supply.

Next, take a dry cloth or Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder. Dust may be coating the rollers there and as they become less tacky, they cannot feed paper correctly.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area. (Sometimes objects such as pens, paper clips and so on can fall into the paper feed area and cause blockages.)

Then plug the printer back up, take your paper out and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper. Then try to form feed again. If that works, then try to print again.

If no luck, remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.

Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.

Please test the machine and let me know the results.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Hello!

Thank you

John Cappucci