Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 5650 All in one printer about 5 months old. It doesnr…

Customer Question
I have a 5650 All...
I have a 5650 All in one printer about 5 months old. It doesn'r print today. It fedds paper, the printhead makes 3 or 4 quick moves on the right side of the print station and then the display indicates "paper Jam'. As near as i can assertain there is nothing in the paper path. What gives???
Jim
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/20/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Turn the machine off then unplug it and disconnect the usb cable (if there is one connected if not skip any USB cable steps). Remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times. Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper. Turn the machine on and then connect the usb cable. Please test the machine and let me know the results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

It was father's Day and my family was taking me out to dinner. I tried every suggestion which you offered and none solved the issue. I purchased a new printer while out traveling after dinner and it is up and running.

Sorry we couldn't make the old one function but sometimes things die.

Jim

Ok that's no problem I will have this closed for you.