Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP OfficeJet 8500 A909g series printer set up on…

Customer Question
I have an HP OfficeJet...
I have an HP OfficeJet 8500 A909g series printer set up on my wireless network. When I send it jobs it takes minutes, hours or even days to print. I send it a job and after checking with it find the job printed 5 hours later.

Recently it stopped working, it shows up on my network and devices, the little wireless light in the top center of the touch screen is lit. I have 11 print jobs in the queue.

1. How do I get it printing again

2. how do i get it to print with 5 minutes of sending it the job?

Jimmy Spradley
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/20/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Please bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Then click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)
Right click on your printer and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.