Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to install software for Brother DCP-6690CW. I can…

Customer Question
I am trying to install...
I am trying to install software for Brother DCP-6690CW. I can not complete the install due to 'DIFxDriverPackagePreinstall Error = 82'. Any help hugely appreciated!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/20/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What operating system are you using?

Hi Charles,

I am using Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002, Service Pack 2.

Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

I was just sure you were going to say Windows 7. Try downloading a fresh copy of the XP driver, just in case the issue is with the software you have.
I can send you a link to the driver if you need it.

I hope this helps. If you are happy with my answer please accept it, this is how I get paid for my efforts. If it does not work message me back because I want to help you succeed.

Thank you,
Charles

Edited by charles_ebs on 6/20/2010 at 6:54 AM EST

Hi Charles,

Thanks. Yes, please send link to driver.

Thanks,

Here is the driver downloads page.
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/eu/eu_ot/en/dlf/download_index.html?reg=eu&c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp6690cw_eu_as&dlid=&flang=English&os=27&type2=-1

Hi Charles,

I've followed this link and relevant instructions, but still getting the same error message. I've tried uninstall also. - Although worth noting I saved the files uninstall and install to Desktop - not where program files are. Would this impact?

The installation program location should not matter. Maybe you could install the printer manually. How are you connecting to the printer?
The error message displays before even connecting the printer. The installation manual shows to expect another screen asking to Plug in the USB. However I'm never getting to that point, as error message occurs and set up atuomatically stops.
You do not have a 64 bit version of XP do you? If not continue with the instructions below.

First make sure you are logged in as administrator.

Download this driver and save it in a file that you will be able to browse to it:
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/as/sg/en/dlf/dlf/000000/003500/dlf003564.html?reg=as&c=sg&lang=en&prod=dcp6690cw_eu_as&type2=1&os=7&flang=4&dlid=dlf003564

Follow instructions on the download page.