Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hello Tech support My name is Ron.I have purchased a belkin-G…

Customer Question
Hello Tech support...
Hello Tech support
My name is XXXXX XXXXX purchased a belkin-G wireless router.It is all hooked up and worked fine for quit a while.THen,all of a sudden,during printing from my computer some documents,it paused!!!!and stopped printing.I thought it was in my printer that something went wrong,but after contacting my comupter tech support and doing some trouble shooting,they said it had to be with the router,since from their perspective,the printer was working fine.Could you please help me try and get this figured out? I have it on now and the computer works fine,yet no printer.Thank you very much Ron
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/19/2010
Technician: Lexhome09,
 replied 8 years ago
Lexhome09

My name isXXXXX will assist you today. First i want you to unplug your router for 10 seconds, plug it back up and try to print again
I had the whole computer,modem unplugged for three days during my recent move,so that should have taken care of the problem,but that and this unplugging for 10 seconds did not work
That is not working,so I need more help!!!
Technician: Lexhome09,
 replied 8 years ago
can you print to it directly?
No I can't.THe printer and computer is wireless and I have no printer cable for it
Technician: Lexhome09,
 replied 8 years ago
can i have the make and model for your printer please?
It is the pixma560 series,made by canon
Wireless has been flashing orange on the router since I sent the last message!! Could this router be gone bad?? I don't think this has turned into a simple answer like I thought.
Technician: Lexhome09,
 replied 8 years ago
at this stage there is no way of telling it is the router or printer, im going to transfer your question to printers and office, they probably can rule out if its your printer or not, then we can work on wireless over here, but being you have no way to make a wired connection to rule out router then we have to take these additional steps.
ok,so do I stay online or do you email me with the answer or response?
ok,so what is next here?
Ok,I cannot print anything.I cannot copy anything,because this printer is wireless and relies on the router to send info to it.I have been on here with you people for over 4 hours now and am getting now where!!! What is going on?? Is there anyone that can help me solve this problem?? This is your brand router after all!
Technician: Lexhome09,
 replied 8 years ago
i apologize but i submitted for your question to be re categorized to printers and office, have you restarted your pc since this issue began?
I have not a clue what you are saying here!!!DID I re-start my computer since this problem began???/What do you mean!!! I am turning off the pc and printer each time I am done for the day with it. My printer is in paused mode and will not print,period and I would like to know if it can be fixed so that it can print again,or do I need a different modum
Technician: Lexhome09,
 replied 8 years ago
your modem has nothing to do with your printer working or not, i suggest you uninstall your printer and reinstall it again the same way you did originally