Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i have a office jet 7310xi all in one...i have big problems...the…

Customer Question
i have a office jet...
i have a office jet 7310xi all in one...i have big problems...the photos are going to the printer instead of the computor....i cant get the fax to work and i cant download and clear my camera like i used too....how do i fix it step by step so i am a happy hp woman?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/18/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Can you please explain a little bit more like what do you mean by "photos are going to the printer instead of the computer" ?

i cant download pictures onto the comptoe...they go onto the printer and stay there...

Do you have connected the camera to the printer or the computer?
when i insert my photo card into the printer it used to show up on my computor. The printer has a photo card reader and it used to be that when you put the card in the reader it then transfered it directlly to the computer because the printer is wired through the computer
Our printer is wired to a network so when I am on my laptop I can print papers. The whole system has worked for a long period of time and just recently stopped. The printer is a fax, printer, copy machine. It is HP Officejet 7310xi all in 0ne
Ok
Please follow the steps below and let me know...

Just remove all the cables from the printer .

Wait for 20 mins.

In the mean time restart the PC .

Insert all the cables Power on the printer and check the issue
Do you use Windows XP or Vista?
Windows Vista
OK
Please open this LINK and follow the instructions to run the HP Network Diagnostic Utility and let me know if it helps to solve your problem.
it does not work.... still no fax or photo to computor...two separate problems...how do i fix it when i dont understand your direction?
I am extremely sorry I have given you a wrong link please follow the direction below to reset the printer and let me know if it helps.........

Wait for 20 mins.

In the mean time restart the PC .

i did all this and it does not work...
how do i fix my printer?
Then I think the problem is with the software please uninstall and re install the printer software once again and let me know if it helps or not...
this does not work with vista?