Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Officejet Pro L7500. I keep getting a message…

Customer Question
I have an HP Officejet...
I have an HP Officejet Pro L7500. I keep getting a message to load paper even though the paper tray is full. This has been going on for an hour now. What do I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Do you get any error message like "Out Of paper"?
yes
The Out of Paper message appears on the computer and the product stops picking up or feeding paper.and this is generally caused by dirty paper feed rollers please follow the steps below to resolve the issue if the issue persist then replace the feed rollers from any local repair center.

Solution

Step one: Reset the product
  1. Without turning the product off, remove the power cord from the back of the product.
  2. Wait 30 seconds and then plug the power cord into the back of the product.
  3. If the product is not already on, use the On button to turn it on.
Step two: Check the condition of the paper and reload it
  1. Replace any paper that is ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent.
    NOTE: Use only plain, white, unused paper in the product until the issue is resolved.
  2. Make sure that all the paper is the same size and type. Because only one type of paper can be used in the product at a time, paper types should never be mixed.
  3. Tap the stack of paper on a flat surface to align the edges.
  4. Make sure that the stack of paper to be loaded in the product contains no fewer than 10 and no more than 25 sheets of paper.
    NOTE: Do not load too much paper in the product.
  5. Insert the stack of paper into the product and gently push the paper guides snugly against the paper. Make sure that the paper is completely inserted into the product and can be picked up by the paper rollers.
  6. Try printing again. If the issue is not resolved, try loading different brands of paper and different types of paper, one type at a time, into the product and then try printing again.If the issue persists, continue with the next step.
Step three: Adjust the paper settings in the print driver

The paper settings in the print driver must match the paper settings for at least one of the installed paper trays.
  1. Open a document in the program being used to print.
  2. Click File , click Print , and then click Properties . The product Properties dialog box appears.
  3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.
  4. Choose the appropriate paper size from the Size is drop-down menu.
  5. Choose the appropriate paper type from the Type is drop-down menu.
  6. Click OK and then click OK again to print the document..
  7. If the issue is not resolved, continue with the next step.
NOTE: If the issue is resolved and it is necessary to print on another type of paper, load the new paper type into the product and then repeat steps 2 through 7 for the new paper.These changes do not change the default print settings. The print settings return to the default the next time the program is opened.
Step four: Clean the rollers
  1. Turn off the product and unplug the power cord.
  2. Open the access door to gain access to the rollers. Depending on the model, this is usually the rear access door. See the product user guide for information about locating the rollers.
  3. Clean the rubber rollers with a lint-free cloth, lightly moistened with water.
    NOTE: Distilled, filtered, or bottled water is recommended for cleaning the rollers. Tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the rollers.
  4. Make sure that any paper rollers that rest on the input tray, which are located behind the back rollers, are cleaned. A clean cotton swab, lightly moistened with water, might be necessary to reach these rollers.
  5. Close the access door and plug in the power cord.
  6. Try printing again.
Cause

Any of the following issues can cause the error message to appear:
    The paper trays are empty or overloaded.The paper is curled.The print side, or shiny side, of the paper is not loaded in the input tray face down.The paper might not be engaged with the feed rollers.The paper-width guide is pressed against the paper stack too tightly.The paper tray is not completely inserted into the product.The paper settings in the print driver do not match the paper loaded in the paper tray.The rubber paper-feed rollers are coated with dust.

Source:HP Support