Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have wordperfect office 11; having trouble running a brother…

Customer Question
I have wordperfect office 11...
I have wordperfect office 11; having trouble running a brother HL-2140 printer. The printer works on other applications, but not on this version of WP. help?

XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/18/2010
Technician: Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager

After you have clicked Print from WP, can you check to make sure that the Brother HL-2140 printer is selected as the printing device?

yes it is set to the HL-2140 as the printer of choice.
yes it is set to the HL-2140 as the printer of choice. as a matter of fact, it just printed my test file after about a two or three minute delay. wierd?
How is the printer connected to your computer?
it is hooked up with a USB cable, on a Dell computer
So the printer is printing from WP but takes about 2-3 minutes before it is sent to the printer?
yes, I just did a test print--it took 95 seconds to respond and print.

Ok seems like the issue might be with Word Perfects print engine not starting up with the program correctly.

In order to configure this, I first need to know what version of Windows are you using?

I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3...

Ok follow these instructions to set the print engine to start with Windows:

1. Right click on the Start button

2. Click on Open

3. Double click on Programs, Startup

4. Right click on an empty spot within this window, click on New, Shortcut

5. Click on Browse

6. Browse to C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 11\Programs and click on PrintServer110

7. Click on Open

8. Click on Next

9. Click on Finish

10. Reboot the computer

11. Launch WordPerfect and Test

I am posting this as an answer, but please only click on Accept Answer if the printer works without delay after following these steps. Otherwise, please do not click on Accept Answer and post back here so we can find a better solution.

Following your directions, I find that my computer does not have the file C:\Program Files etc. I assume we are looking for something called PrintServer110. I tried to call up the program direct input, but to no avail....

Your computer does have the C:\Program Files folder. This is where Windows installs all programs on any computer. Unless your OS is installed on a different letter hard drive, the C:\Program Files folder does it exist.

After you click on Browse to choose the shortcut, use that window to navigate to my computer and then the C drive.