Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had to reinstall Windows XP about 2 weeks ago. Since then…

Customer Question
I had to reinstall Windows...
I had to reinstall Windows XP about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have not be able to get my HP PSC 1410 to fullly install. I run the CD that came with the printer and part way threw it it tells me that "error unable to install Data is invalid" and when the cd finishes it either does not reconize the printer or it will only print not scan.

Ron Johnson
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/18/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the HP printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down, and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any HP printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-35363-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=441115&sw_lang=

And click the "Install now" OR "Download only>>" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Hello

I have been trying the steps that you directed. I was able to remove everything with the MS Clean up utility.

I tried three times to install the printer driver

1. first time direct from the site.
  2. 2nd time downloaded the SW from the site and it came up corrupt as soon as I started to install it. [the driver takes 1.5 hours to download.]
  3. third time from my cd that came with the Printer.
  4. I am going to repeat # XXXXX again.

Ok, please keep me posted!

Thank you

John Cappucci
Hello and good afternoon! Laughing

Please let me know if you have tried the answer.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Hello John

Sorry I am later getting back to you. However I was out of town over the weekend.

I went threw that process that you gave me. I now have a PSC 1400 series printer on my system to use. What we are missing is when I open the HP Solution Center it give me No HP Devices has been detected.

So I can printe with the printer but I can not scan with the printer.This is an All In One device.

I hope that you can help.

Ron Johnson

80.-693-6544

Please follow all the steps to scan using Paint:

1- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories
2- Click on Paint to open it
3- Click File, and select "From Scanner or Camera"
4- Make any changes you would like and click "Scan"

Thank you

John Cappucci

HI John

I thought of that also. Just checked and yes it is still grayed out. Something a driver of some kind is not being installed.

This printer was 100% before I reinstalled windows.

Again thanks For the help.

Have you tried plugging the USB cable to a different USB port on your computer ?

Also please check the USB connection on the printer's end

And if you can use a different USB cable, better!

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

yes sir I have tried a new cable and a new USB port. What drivers need to be installed for the scanner to work and where can I get them?

Please install this patch ---> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=sj-32245-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=441115&sw_lang=

Then restart the computer and turn off/turn on the printer

Thank you

John Cappucci

I get an error of CUEFuncts.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Ok, please install MSXML and WIndows Script Engine 5.6 following the steps on link below:

http://hpanswers.blogspot.com/2008/03/cuefunctsexe-has-encountered-problem.html

Thank you

John Cappucci