Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a hp all in one office jet 4215. It is several years…

Customer Question
I have a hp all...
I have a hp all in one office jet 4215. It is several years old. Recently it has begun to configure the software each time I start up the computer Dell XP . I have tried removing the software and reinstalling it again to no avail. I there a solution to this problem.

Lynnette
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

OK, let's clean the printing spooler

1- Unplug your printer from the computer and turn off the printer.

2- Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and then RIGHT CLICK "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator". The terminal black screen will be opened.

3- Type NET STOP SPOOLER and press they Enter key (you should get a message confirming the spooler is stopped now)

4- Now in the same black terminal screen (see step 3) type NET START SPOOLER and press the ENTER key (you should get a message confirming the spooler is started now)

5- Replug the printer and try to print

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Ifollowed your instructions got the following response:

The following services are depedent on the Print Spooler service. Stopping the Print Spooler service will also stop these services. Fax. Do you want to continue this operation I answered Yes..Got the following answer System error 5 has occurred. Acces is denied. What do I do now?

Ok, please follow the steps below:

1) Go to Start, Control Panel
2) Select Administrative Tools
3) Double-click on Services
4) In the list of services, scroll down until you find one called "Print Spooler"
5) Right-click on "Print Spooler" and select "STOP"
6) Right-click again on "Print Spooler" but now select "START"
7) Double-click on Print Spooler and select "Automatic" (if it is not already selected) and click Apply

Thank you

John Cappucci

I've tried stopping and restarting on automatic the print spooler as you requested. The computer is reinstalling the printer software as I write this. Can we try something else?

Lynnette

1- Please go to Start, Control Panel, Printers and let me know what printers do you have listed there.

2- Also, if you have the Officejet 4215 printer icon there, please double click it and let me know if you see printing jobs stuck there.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Well, now I can't continue with this issue, because I have another issue which prevents me from using my control panel. Last week I had two new things happen. Installed Belkin wireless network USB adapter and software, since my Dell computer is older and does not have wireless capability. DMAX requested I do this. I do have a laptop which allows me to get on line wirelessly and communicate with you. I also installed a new wireless modem from DMAx. I also was proceeded to heed your advice on the printer spooler. After these actions my desktop computer Dell will startup very slowly and freeze when you open the control program cannot take any actions and cannot use the computer. I understand this is another issue. Can you help with this so I can continue with the other? Have baby and not always able to come to th computer easily. Thank you for your assistance. Lynnette
Let's check if you have malware on your computer:

Download and run Malware Bytes from here:
http://wikisend.com/download/568156
(click the "Download file" button)

Malmare Bytes it is a FREE application if used at home. Do not click the "Purchase" button

Run it (full scan) and delete all the malware it may detect

Then restart your computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Lets see if the computer will let me get on line. Doubt it, can I download to flash drive from my laptop and run it from the flash drive to my desktop computer? Also, Are there commands we can use to prompt it to function?

Yes, you can save it into a flash drive and run it from your desktop computer :-)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Hello and good evening! Smile

Have you tried my solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci