Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Model MFC-440CN USB printer. I am putting in a new cartridge…

Customer Question
Model MFC-440CN USB printer. I...
Model MFC-440CN USB printer. I am putting in a new cartridge but it is still saying tat there is no cartridge
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
what other information do you need? can you call me on xxxxxxxxxx? or could i call you if you give me your number
what other information do you need? can you call me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx? or could i call you if you give me your number vista 7 I think!

Please uninstall and reinstall the driver following ALL the steps on link below:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/eu/gb/en/dlf/dlf/000000/002700/dlf002711.html?reg=eu&c=gb&lang=en&prod=mfc440cn_all&type2=1&os=74&flang=4&dlid=dlf002711

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Hello! Smile

Have you tried the solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
i note the £8 has been taken yet the problem has not been cured after following your advise. What next?
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Hello Sir or Madam,

Welcome to JustAnswer Printers & Office. I will be happy to help you with your problem today.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Thanks,
Robert Preston
Problem has not been resolved.
Then the print head will have to be replaced.

Rob
Your advise did not fix the problem and when I responded you did not respond quick enough so i went to a different resource. Please refund me the £8 deposit
So what fixed the problem?
The new cartridge was faulty. A replacement did the trick.
Um, so my response which indicated exactly that fixed it. So you should accept...
I went back to the supplier of the printer / cartridge. I never recieved your answer telling me to replace the cartridge and therefore refute that your or John Cappucci contributed or helped, hence I do not accept that you should be paid
I responded to you right after your last posting with the answer. Obviously you do not have to accept anything but let's not pretend I didn't give you the correct answer to your question. Have a good day.

When you wrote to replace the print head I had no idea what this was. This is why I went to someone local. Maybe if you had used the terminology I had used throughout this exchange of emails I would have understood what you meant. You guys have to understand that we are not all computer buffs. Hope this clarifies my position.

Regards

Ok. I did explain that the print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer, explained step by step how to clean it and explained that if it did not work that the cartridges might be defective which was the case. So you have to see it from my angle too.