Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i keep getting a lcd 6a00 error on my cannon mp mp 530 i rec…

Customer Question
i keep getting a lcd...
i keep getting a lcd 6a00 error on my cannon mp mp 530 i recently transported it,and since than it is not making copies
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/17/2010
Technician: adamlowrance, Technician replied 8 years ago
adamlowrance
adamlowrance, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Adam Lowrance :

Hello there, that error is usually related to a problem with the printer carriage. Open the cartridge door so the cartridges will move out.Then unplug the printer and look inside the printer for paper or anything that shouldn't be in there. If everything looks clear move the cartridges back and forth a few times. Then plug the printer back in and see if the error disappears.

Thanks,
Adam

Customer:

it is still doing the same thing

Customer:

still the same

Adam Lowrance :

Ok, the official answer from canon is it needs to be sent to a service center. Some users had reported moving and reseating the cartridges fixed the problem.

Customer:

no good

Adam Lowrance :

Ok,i am going to opt out so maybe another expert can help you.

Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow ALL the steps below. Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting:

Solution: Reseating the MP530 print head

Reseating the Print Head

Reseat the print head to correct print issues or clear an error.

Reseat the Print Head:

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

*MP800R shown

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Open the inner cover.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.

11. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

N
    ote: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.
Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated