Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I.ve lost my manual for Canon MP 160 and I cant remember how…

Customer Question
I.ve lost my manual for...
I.ve lost my manual for Canon MP 160 and I can't remember how to change cartridges.
\Can you help me tnx ca winnipeg
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/17/2010
Technician: James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert
Hi, here are the instructions:

1. After confirming that the printer is powered on, open the scanning unit (printer cover). The ink cartridge holder moves to the replacement position.

Note: After confirming that the scanning unit support is fixed into position, release your hands.

2. Press down on the semi-circular tab to release the cartridge and then remove it.

Note: Handle the ink cartridges carefully to avoid staining clothes and surrounding work area.

3. Remove and replace each cartridge individually. Or, remove the second cartridge after the first has been removed.

4. Take out a new cartridge from its casing and gently remove the orange protective tape in the direction of the arrow.

Note: - Do not attempt to reattach the protective tape once you have removed it.
    - Do not touch the gold electrical contacts or the print head nozzles after removing the protective tape.

5. Insert the ink cartridge into the ink cartridge holder.- Black: the left slot- Color: the right slot*

*One black cartridge and one color cartridge must be installed in the machine in order for the printer to operate. It does not matter if the capacities (Standard or High) do not match.

6. Push up on the front of the cartridge until it locks into place. (A click sound will be heard when the cartridge is locked in place.)

7. Confirm that the ink cartridges are installed properly.

<1> The ink cartridge is not installed properly.

<2> The ink cartridge is installed properly.

8. Fold the scanning unit support and close the scanning unit (printer cover).

9. Wait until the preparatory operation is complete; it takes about one to two minutes.