Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer worked yesterday, but the catridges were low.

Customer Question
I don't need color, so...
The printer worked yesterday, but the catridges were low. I don't need color, so only replaced the black cartridge. Now it will print out NOTHING! The red light blinks, the message says: Replace the color cartridge. Please help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/17/2010
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hello

Your printer needs both the Black and Color cartridges with ink in them and in working condition for the printer to work.

So please go ahead and buy a new Kodak branded color cartridge and replace it

Let me know result

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Hi Andy, Will happily pay you when I buy the color cartridge and determine this is the problem. Thanks, Cindy

Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply. I"m going to try what you suggest and buy a new color print cartridge before paying you, okay? Gotta make sure it works! I don't even own this #$%^%^ machine, but it is in an apt I'm renting. Cheers, Cindy

www.cindycody.com

No worries, try it and let me know result

Press Ctrl+D to save this page as Favorite/Bookmark so that you can click on it to reach me after you restart computer.

Alternately you can login to Justanswer.com again and then goto My Questions and reply to this question.

And you will connect to me in both ways. And yes, I will continue assisting you even after you accept my answer.

Thanks!!
Hi Andy, Thanks for yours. Okay, I bought the color cartridge, loaded it. Now it will print--but only B&W! I've gone through the preferences and selected color, but nada. Another thing...what is the difference between sRGB and Adobe RGB under something called Color Space? Thanks! Cindy

- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

- Does your cartridge has a nozzle on it like this (sample pic) :

graphic

Hi Andy, I printed out a test page, no problem. Got all the colors. But when I go to preferences, and choose a color print, it comes out b&w. Actually, there are 5 nozzle pads for each of the primary colors. This printer is in an apt I'm renting. Thanks! Cindy

Please reinstall the printer driver and let me know result.

If you dont know how to do this, let me know :
1. Do you have printer's software disc
2. Do you have XP / Vista / Windows 7 .. 32 or 64bits

Hi Andy, You're probably still at your day job....anyway, I sent a reply saying that I re-installed the drivers, re-started both my computer and the printer. It's still only printing in B&W and I have a big presentation to make in the next few days, and need to print in color. Please help!
Hi

I am sorry I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open this question to all experts. Someone should get back to you soon.

Thanks for your time.