Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Canon Printer MP600 has Error code 6A00 and will not do anything.

Have checked for paper jams...
Canon Printer MP600 has Error code 6A00 and will not do anything. Have checked for paper jams and under the print head for torn off pieces of paper, still nothing. What can I do next???
Thanks,
Al
6/16/2010
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

try this

switch off the printer and unplug it. lift the lid and move the cartridges over to the left out of the way. Using a damp cloth wipe all around where the cartridges normally rest. Put the lid down plugged in and switch it on

if that doesn't work then

Try cleaning the sponges.

The “sponges” are 2 hard pieces of absorbing plastic or something of the like. The "sponges" are located on the right under where the ink cartridge carrier "rests". Usually because of so much ink , it will be dark

use a pen tip popped both “sponges” out and rinsed them with water and check that they were once again white.

Try this and let me know

Thanks
Shidhin

Edited by NeOh on 6/16/2010 at 8:06 PM EST

The space is so limited to try and do what you ask I really can't locate the plastic sponges you suggested I remove and clean, what I tried to do is clean as much ink from the area below where the cartridge carrier sets with cotton swabs. Still have the error code 6A00. Any other ideas?

There will be a small part which got stuck indicates this error. please goto this link and follow the steps to solve the issue

http://tricks-collections.com/solution-canon-pixma-ip4300-error-6a00/

I'm giving this link because it's clearly explained there with the help of images. Please let me know if you've any queries

Thanks
Shidhin
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
NeOh
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer