Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have just bought a new Canon printer (iP4700). Installation…

Customer Question
I have just bought a...
I have just bought a new Canon printer (iP4700). Installation completed OK except that I cannot find how to replace the Print Request page with the one relevant to the new model. Can you kindly help, please? David Snoxall
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/16/2010
Technician: birtz, Technician replied 8 years ago
birtz
birtz, Technician
Please explain the problem in details.

Hi Rajdeep!

Before I go into further detail, can you tell me whether you are familiar with Canon printers; specifically model No. iP4700.

Thanks,

Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Yes, I am familiar with Canon printers including the ip4700.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you

Hi John

I have Windows XP. My problem is that I want to use the rear feed for used A4 sheets (ie. printing on the unused side) and the cassette for clean A4. I cannot find a setting which gives me what I want. The nearest I have got is: Paper Source Setting/Paper Allocation/Set to Other Method, which tells me: "...use this option when you want to feed plain paper from both sources or when you want to use rear tray only."

Can you help?

Ok, please follow the steps below:

• 1- Click / Select the 'Start' button from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel,' 'Printers and Other Hardware,' and 'Printers and Faxes.'

• 2- Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Preferences' from the menu that appears

2- Select the paper source

From the Paper Source list on the Quick Setup tab, select the paper source that matches your purpose. (Select Rear Tray)

4-

Click 'OK'.
When you execute print, the printer uses the specified paper source to print the data.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Source: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=SupportDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=257&modelid=18637

Hi John

I followed your sequence to the letter, but with Paper Sourse set to "Rear Tray" I was still getting the copies on clean A4 from the cassette. So I then set it to "Cassette" and was still getting clean paper from the cassette'

May I try this on you? On the iP 4700, as you will know, the "Start" button is front/right. Below it is another button, with the same signal light slot as the one above which lights up when you have switched the printer on. I have never succeeded in getting the lower light to light up when pressing the adjoining button. This lower button has an adjoining code showing to the left an inverted triangle within a circle and to the right a representation of a sheet of paper with an downward-pointing arrow. I am wondering whether this lower button is supposed to control the feed. Whatever its purpose, it is clearly not working. If not a feed control, what is its purpose?

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the Canon printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down, and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any Canon printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Click here ---> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=357&modelid=18637

7- Click "Drivers & Downloads"

8- Click "Select OS" and select "Windows XP"

9- Scroll down and click "ip4700swin233ej.exe"

10- Scroll down and click "I Agree - Begin Download"

11- Click "Save File" to download the file

12- When the download is over please double click the file to begin the installation of the printer's software

13- If prompted, restart your Mac, BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

14- Please let me know if the issue is solved or no, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

Hi John

Thank you for your patience! I am having trouble finding the Cleanup package your refer to under the ".../290301" site. I have located that site OK, but the nearest entry to the package you quote is under "PCTools", which asks me to buy a "Registry Mechanic".

Hello!

It seems you are on the wrong website, please follow the steps below (DO NOT buy Registry Mechanic, it is not a good software)

1- Click here ---> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=357&modelid=18637

2- Click "Drivers & Downloads"

3- Click "Select OS" and select "Windows XP"

4- Scroll down and click "ip4700swin233ej.exe"

5- Scroll down and click "I Agree - Begin Download"

6- Click "Save File" to download the file

7- When the download is over please double click the file to begin the installation of the printer's software

8- If prompted, restart your Mac, BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or no, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci