Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a lexmark x6570. When I copy I get a thick black line…

Customer Question
I have a lexmark x6570...
I have a lexmark x6570. When I copy I get a thick black line on all copies. This appears to be the ribon connecting the light that scans the paper. It is on the RIGHT side of the printer, should this not be parked on the LEFT hand side?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/16/2010
Technician: birtz, Technician replied 8 years ago
birtz
birtz, Technician
Hi there maximum time we found it is a the head problem. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. For resolve the problem please follow these.

Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. Some how if its not come then Unplug the printer & Manually slide the carriage.
Now Remove the ink cartridges from the print head & Use wet warm cotton swab or use alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab. After finished it make the head dry then fix it back. Now Try to print something now

If that does not work then follow the next step.

Remove the printer data cable & restart the PC & printer. Then fit back the data cable & turn on the printer. Hope that's start working , if no luck then Uninstall the printer driver & restart the PC & Printer both again. Now install the driver of the printer and connect it with PC ,Turn on printer & go for a test print from the printer preference. Thanks & waiting for your reply.
Sorry that doesnt work, the head is clean.

Also this line only occurs on copying NOT general printing.
Ok you mean to say the lines coming during the scanning or on the scanned copy right?
yes, the line only appears in scanning or copying
This is happens because of the scanner light. Check the glass first and make sure that's clean and after that clean the scanner light after unplug the scanner from the power connection and pc. Then let me know the result.
How do I get to the scanner light? Its enclosed under the glass.

Yes my friend i know its closed by the glass. For cleaning the scanner light you have to remove the glass. Just check the top side frame you must find some screw or clip which is light or hold the glass.
well i cannot find a way of getting to the scanner light it is clipped togther in such a way that i would need to force it. I have also had a response from Lexmark who tell me that it is likely a hardware failure.

Check the screw or the Allin one uncovered clip. But i suggest you if don't know about then don't try. A little mistake may broken the casing of the printer.
birtz
birtz, Technician
Sorry but it wont come off without force.

I think I will call it a day there and get another printer.