Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i need to connect my printer to my new lap top, trouble is…

Customer Question
i need to connect my...
i need to connect my printer to my new lap top, trouble is i have lost my disc which i used to connect it to my computer. Printer is HP deskjet F2180 please can you help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/16/2010
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, please click here. On the page that would open, click on the Support & Drivers>>. Tick "Download drivers and software (and firmware)". On the space / box provided, enter "F2180" less the quotes. Click on the On the new page that would open, select the Operating System of the new laptop. Click on the Next >> button. Click on the "+ Driver" to expand and then click on the Download button.

Good luck and thank you for asking.
tab.

Edited by Benimur on 6/16/2010 at 8:47 AM EST
Louie, Technician
im lost, ihave tried to follow your advice but cant. I need simple as i am not computer literate,
I understand.

What is the operating system of the laptop please?

Edited by Benimur on 6/16/2010 at 9:11 AM EST
windows 7
32-bit or 64-bit ?

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7, please perform the following:
  • Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
  • Under System, you can view the system type.

Edited by Benimur on 6/16/2010 at 11:03 AM EST
windows 7 can i phone you
Unfortunately, no. Site policies would only allow interaction through this thread. This is for your protection.

Edited by Benimur on 6/16/2010 at 11:11 AM EST
i am sorry for bothering you, I am an OAP and am more confused than ever. I would have liked to speak to someone, but as this is not allowed I wish to withdraw my question, and therefore not make any payment, please delete my card details. Many thanks for your time and trouble.
I understand, please click here.