Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a NEW in the Box Kodak 5100 Printer, that was put…

Customer Question
I have a NEW...
I have a NEW in the Box Kodak 5100 Printer, that was put in service today. I bought this unit 2 or 3 years ago to replace one of my other printers when it finally "Died" and that happended today. The Koday printer does a very poor job of printing. I figured that it could be the Print Cartriges and I went out a bouhgt new Fresh ones, with the same results. I have run the "cleaning" part several times and it does not get any better. Please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/16/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What do you mean by poor job? Can you describe the print and what you are printing?

It acts like it is not getting any ink-- the black is especially poor or light, and the other colors are not good. It is Streaking and faded, I have tried to copy a dollars bill -- Poor- I ran the "Clean the Printheads" and then printed a test copy, Very Poor-

Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

A common problem on these printers, that will cause poor print is the print cartridge not being seated good. Did you hear a click sound when you installed the cartridges?

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

That ain't the problem-- I can guarantee that it is in "Firmly" Thanks- XXXXX am going to Junk this unit along with the Epson that Died Earlier today--
OK, good luck. I like Xerox and Samsung.