Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have installed the software for a Deskjet F4280 and it will…

Customer Question
I have installed the software...
I have installed the software for a Deskjet F4280 and it will not print. I get a message saying Before you can perform print related tasks such as page set up or printin a document you need to install a printer. I did all the setup per instructions with printer.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
I think I have Windows XP

PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Please turn off your printer

2- Please make sure the printer is connected to your computer (and turned OFF)

3- Download the newest driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-59236-4&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=3390949&sw_lang=

And click the "Install now" OR "Download only>>" button. When the download is over please run the file

4- Select OPEN or RUN if prompted

5- Turn on the printer when prompted

6- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

7- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated