Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Ok-2 qs I finally got all the colors to print-thank you very…

Customer Question
Ok-2 q's: I finally got...
Ok-2 q's: I finally got all the colors to print-thank you very much-especially since I spent hours surfing the web to try to find a new print head only to be told they are no longer available. But now that the test pattern shows all are printing, the print head stops 1/5 of the way from the right and makes a huge screech. What now? I'm totally exasperated and ready to throw the i950 out the window; however I can't operate my MP560 that's home in CA. from my stay here in WI. HELP, HELP.
2: I successfully changed my card info. and am being told that $19 is on account-how do I get it to you?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Irma
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/16/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

Have you examined the path to see if something is causing it to bind where is stops? Can you move it freely by hand?

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

There is nothing I can find that is causing the binding and yes, I can move it freely by hand. It is still binding at the same spot and will not move from the stopping point under its own power.

What else can you suggest?
Charles:
Did you get my reply?
What is on the display when this happens? Any errors or lights?
On what display? The orange light flashes when the printhead binds but nothing else.
OK, can you count the number of flashes? Also does it flash any other color?
3 orange flashes -intermitedly with green
Try this:
1.Start with the printer OFF
2.Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3.release RESUME
4.press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5.Let green light blink until it stops.
6. press RESUME 3 times, light should be orange
7.press POWER to execute.
Tried it 3 times-result is that after pressing power (7) to execute nothing happens except green light goes on and the printer is absolutely silent. However after a minute or 2 the green alternates with the orange but still no action.
ok, I checked the manual and it says you have a jam sensor activated. Look carefully at the paper sensor flags and make sur none of them are in the up position. If any are stuck, see if you can get them to fall free.
What are paper sensor flags and where are they? I am desperate to get this machine running properly again as my printing is way backed up-and it was printing normally except for the color problem both before and after I solved the color problem.
The sensor flags are black plastic actuators located in the center of the paper path that move when the paper touches them so the printer knows where the paper is located.
Ok-the very last question because I'm ready to throw everything out the window:
there appear to be 3 black plastic actuators but are not located in the center of the paper path but spaced evenly from the right side-2 to the right of the center and one to the left. The one to the left is solid with a tab and the 2 on the right have a tab but a rectangular cut out in the center of them. How do I determine if the "flags are up?" And how do I unstick them to make them fall free? Do I need to take the printer apart to get good access to them? Please, please, please-I am absolutely desperate.
Sorry, I tried to send this response from my phone earlier today but it would not go through. The rectangular part is the sensor and has a emitter and a receiver, the flag blocks the signal. The flag end of the actuator is the weight that makes it fall to block the signal. if anything overcomes the force of gravity the flag will fail to block the signal and the machine will show a paper jam. Dust can also block the signal and it the sensor fails to change states when it is supposed to the machine will also show a paper jam. You can clean the sensor with a q-tip and alcohol.
PS. Sorry about the delay I spent half the day at the hospital with my 37 week pregnant daughter.

Edited by charles_ebs on 6/18/2010 at 4:40 AM EST
Thank you-I will try this in a couple of hours and get back to you. Sorry to hear about your 1/2 day at the hospital. I hope everything is okay with her and the baby. Will reply today.
Yes, my daughter and future granddaughter are fine. She has had severe constipation and I just got worried and took her to the hospital.