Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

For about one week I had to unplug our laserjet m1522nf every…

Customer Question
For about one week I...
For about one week I had to unplug our laserjet m1522nf every morning before it would do anything, then it would work fine for the rest of the day. Now, nothing. No sounds, no lights.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/15/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
This can be caused by a few different things. The first and easiest to test is the outlet it is conected to.
To test that just try another outlet and see if there is a difference.
If there isn't next is to check the power cable with a multimeter and make sure it is sending an electric current to the machine.
If it is not then that cable needs to be replaced.
If it is then unfortunately the power supply unit inside the machine itself has failed and needs to be replaced.
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Please note that not all issues can be fixed online.

The steps you were given may have confirmed the only solution is repair.

If that was the case please click "Accept”.