Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

it happened again and what you suggested last time did not…

Customer Question
it happened again and what...
it happened again and what you suggested last time did not work now -what should I do ? thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/15/2010
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro

So you are sure that there is nothing stuck in the purge unit ? ... and the wiper is able to move freely ?

the wiper seems to be moving freely and what is the purge unit again - should I leave it unplugged for a while...
Hi

You can read the answer here :
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3m0zf-canon-pixma-mx-850-error-code-6a00-what-do-i-do

Please try to repeat the steps and let me know

Also, when did you buy this printer and how often do you use it

I did repreat the steps but will do so again - the printer is about 18-24 mths old and when it works I use it pretty much every day or at least every other day - what printer would you recommend buying?

There is a sensor in the purge unit which detects if anything (specially the wipers) has got stuck up. And if there ink accumulated there, even that can cause the sensor to give false signals.

Basically your printer needs to be serviced to clean it up. As its out of warranty, you should try to clean it up yourself because taking it to a store is not worth it.

I would highly recommend you to buy an HP printer. Specifically HP Officejet 6500 Wireless model is quite good.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

OK - so how do I clean it? thanks

Unfortunately Canon does not provide any service manual for this. Hence you need to dismanle the printer on your own ... and then clean it up using a moist cloth making sure that there is no ink / debri left specifically on the purge unit