Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i have a new computer but i cant find my disk for my mfc 240c…

Customer Question
i have a new computer...
i have a new computer but i cant find my disk for my mfc 240c printer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/15/2010
Technician: Brandon M., System Administrator replied 8 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., System Administrator
Chat Conversation Started
BeBoo :

Hi there. What operating system is on your new computer? Windows 7? Windows Vista? Mac OS X?

Customer:

window 7

Customer:

ok

BeBoo :

Thanks for that info. You can find the software and driver on this page:

BeBoo :

After it's done downloading, please run the installer to reinstall the software and drivers required for your printer.

BeBoo :

This is newer software than what would be on the disc.

Customer:

does the installer automactically run

BeBoo :

It may, it Brother has set it up that way. Most do not. You have to run the installer yourself.

Customer:

i have downloaded the software so how do I run the installer?

BeBoo :

What browser are you using?

Customer:

yahoo

BeBoo :

No, the browser would be either Internet Explorer or Firefox

Customer:

I'm slow...LOL..interner explorer

BeBoo :

No worries. Please go to the Start Orb (formerly the Start Menu) and choose your name from the list on the right (should be the first one).

BeBoo :

Open up the Downloads folder. In there, you should see the brother installer.

Customer:

folder is empty...does that mean it did not download?

BeBoo :

It may have been placed somewhere else. Minimize all your windows (small button to the FAR right of your task bar, near the clock)

BeBoo :

Do you see it on your desktop?

Customer:

no, it's not on the desktop

BeBoo :

Please visit the URL above again and when you get the box asking to Run or Save, choose Run

Customer:

once the download is complete I get a message box that says Zip Self Decompression...I can press...do I select decompress or cancel

BeBoo :

Decompress

Customer:

done

BeBoo :

An installer should've shown up

Customer:

nope

BeBoo :

Hrm.

Customer:

is it a lost cause?

BeBoo :

Ok, one more try. Visit the link above and this time choose Save. Put it on your Desktop and let it download. Run the installer from your desktop.

Customer:

installer is still not coming up

BeBoo :

Did you run the icon on your desktop?

BeBoo :

Before pressing Decompress, what does it say in the box?

Customer:

yes, the decompressor came up and that was it

BeBoo :

There should be a box that tells you where it's decompressing to

BeBoo :

Let me download it real fast and see.

BeBoo :

Ok, right above the "Decompress" button there is a white box. What is in that box?

Customer:

it says C:\Users\rac\desktop/

BeBoo :

Ok, please look on your desktop for a folder named mflpro_c1

Customer:

i see it

BeBoo :

Open that up, then MFC-240C

BeBoo :

Then run the setup icon

BeBoo :

It will ask your language

BeBoo :

Choose Eng and continue