birtz
birtz, Technician
Experience:  3 years working experience as a printer technician.
22505732

I am installing xp on my lap top. I have a xerox 2120 workcentre

Customer Question

I am installing xp on my lap top. I have a xerox 2120 workcentre printer with a USB to Parallel connection to the printer. The machine recognizes the printer but the driver install is failing. Any idea's?
Category: Printers
Expert:  birtz replied 8 years ago.
Make sure the driver support the XP OS.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It does. Downloaded off of the Xerox site.
Expert:  birtz replied 8 years ago.
PLease conform me it is 2120 or 3120?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
XL 2120 WorkCentre
Expert:  birtz replied 8 years ago.
Hi there i found the details. Windows XP driver click the link below.
LINK
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have done all this. Everytime I run the application it tells me to uninstall any previous xerox 2120 installations from my printer directory. I don't have any printers installed. And when I click OK. It just stops doing anything.
Expert:  birtz replied 8 years ago.
Can you try to use different USB port and install the driver again. Also do one thing disable the antivirus and then try to install the driver. Some time antivirus protect the PC by installing the unknown driver.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Same ol Same ol
Expert:  birtz replied 8 years ago.
Its mean you Pc detect the system as a new device but not able to install the driver. because you Laptop does not have the required specification or the XP OS may not find the proper driver & thats why you face these problem.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ahhh.... I got it installed. Now when I print the test page it will not print it. It just sits in the queue.
Expert:  birtz replied 8 years ago.
Ow grate. but What do you mean queue?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I have installed a xerox workcentre xl2120 print driver on my xp laptop. The interface is a usb to parallel cable (parallel on the xerox side). It will not send the file to the printer. It sits in the print queue.