Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am re-installing a Canon MultiPass F50. Installation appears…

Customer Question
I am re-installing a Canon...
I am re-installing a Canon MultiPass F50. Installation appears to be successful, but I am only able to see the Canon MultiPass F50 Fax. Whay am I not seeing the MultiPass F50 Printer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Technician: Omer Mushahwar, Technician replied 8 years ago
Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Technician

Hi I am one of the experts here on just answer.com that can help.

Could you please tell me what Operating System you are using with your printer?

Thanks

Windows XP

Have you downloaded the latest printer software from Canons website?

It can be found here http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=334&modelid=6324

Click on the Drivers and Download tab then select Windows XP from the OS Select pull down then in the downloads download the F50 MP Driver and use that to install your printer.

Please try this and let me know if it works for you

Install of driver apparently successful. Still see only MP F50 Fax, no MP F50 Printer.

What service pack are you on in windows XP

You can find this by right click on my computer icon and select properties

Service Pack 3
One last question do you have the printer connected with a USB cable ?
Yes, USB.

Now there were issues with this printer model and some of the XP service packs I use to have this printer and what I did to make it work with both Service Pack 2 and 3 updates was the following

First Delete the printer and drivers from your machine then Unplug the USB cable.

Next start the installation utility for the printer. When it prompts for the printer, plug in the usb cable. Windows will find the printer and ask for the drivers. YOU WILL NEED TO POINT WINDOWS TO THE DRIVER. The multipass installation extracts the files to the temp folder (usually located in c:\temp), the name of the folder is the same as the downloaded utility from canon, there should be a folder title usb. Windows will find the drivers for the usb and install them. Once windows is finished go back into the running multipass installation and select "yes" this should find the device and installation should complete as normal.

What is the file path to the driver?

Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.

On the File menu, click Server Properties.

On the Drivers tab, click the printer driver that you want to delete, and then click Remove.