Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Office Jet 6500 wireless and I keep getting an…

Customer Question
I have an HP Office...
I have an HP Office Jet 6500 wireless and I keep getting an error message when I go to print; that I'm low on yellow ink.I just replaced that particular cartridge so I'm wondering why it keeps printing in magenta, not black.It sometimes say that cyan and magenta arelow, and those were very recently replaced as well.

Thank you,
Ed feldman
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/14/2010
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hi

Please do this and let me know

Clean the printhead from the All-in-One control panel
  1. Load letter, A4, or legal size, unused, plain, white paper into the main input tray.
  2. On the product control panel, press the Setup button ( ).
  3. Press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select Tools , and then press OK .
  4. Press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select Clean Printhead , and then press OK . The product cleans the printhead.
  5. Press the Back button ( ) to return to the main screen.

Let me know result

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hi

I saw the feedback and I will continue to assist you, dont worry.

So, were you able to complete the cleaning cycle. Did all the colors n black printed fine on the test paper ?

Edited by Andy on 6/14/2010 at 1:26 PM EST
Thanks Andy,
I had gotten on the phone with an HP customer support rep. he instructed me to pull down the tape on the cartridges ,at least 1/8 inch below the T.
I also checked expiration date of cartridges and thought they were expired.
We re-tested and computer stilllprinted in magenta.
I took the cartidges back to Staples. they said they weren't expired, (2011 exp. dates). I couldn't see the dates clearly before.

So now I put the cartridges back in the computer and am awaiting further instructions.
Ed
Hi Ed,

all the colors except cyan.
cyan was empty.
Hi

And you are sure that the cyan cartridge has in it ?

I mean, do you know that all the cartridges have ink ... and still they do not print .. even while cleaning

yes, they are all new cartridges,and have ink.
when I go to print:it says yellow ink is low.
then it prints out black/reddish copy

Ed
Hi

Please remove all cartridges. Using a moist cloth clean the golden contacts on cartridge as well as printer. Use a moist cloth to clean the nozzle of cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge yet.

Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.

Then plug in the cartridges.

Now see if its working fine. Let me know.

Dont click on Accept again.