Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500. It does not print any black…

Customer Question
I have a HP Officejet...
I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500. It does not print any black images, though the black cartridge is full. I have run tests and cleaned heads, but no results. Looks like the black ink is not reaching the print head. What can I do to solve the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/14/2010
Technician: James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert
The most likely caused for this is a defective black ink cartridge. Even though it is full, it may not be able to pump ink out. Replace the black ink cartridge with a new one to resolve this.

J.
Well that did not work. I still have a printer that does not print any black and now I have two big black ink catridges that have been "used". At 40USD a cartidge, that is not a great result.

What else could be the problem... All colors print fine.

W.

W.

The only thing that can be wrong is the print head. Run several head cleanings - at least 4-5. If that doesn't help, the printer will need to be servied to replace the print head.

J.
The print heads are a separate cartridge in this unit. Can there be a blockage on the line from the ink cartidge to the print head.. I am asking this, because when I look at the page that showed the lst of the black print, it just looked like it was running out of ink. The lines were getting less clear (and broke up) from the top of the page (when things were fine) to near the bottom of that page, where there was no more black.
If there is dried ink between the cartridge and the print head, that can cause the situation you described, though usually running several head cleanings should fix that.

J.