Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Please send instructions on how I can reduce the number of…

Customer Question
Please send instructions on how...
Please send instructions on how I can reduce the number of pixels on a PDF document when scanned with my J6480 Officejet 4 in 1. The current setting is creating a one page document as 1MB attachment. Please reply [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/14/2010
Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer

Thank you for using JustAnswer. We would like to to solve your problem as soon as possible.

-Do you want to reduce the scanned document size ?

Thanks
Shidhin
I just want a smaller attachment for a PDF so I can send a complete document which may be several pages long. As an example, I have a document which is 31 pages long and when I scan it into my computer to send as an attachment it is 29MB and that is too large to be sent via conventional attachment. I had my attorney scan the document and send it to me and it was 2MB in size. That can be sent, but the former cannot.

HI,

I'm not sure whether you can scan it to less than 1 MB. try these

change the resolution down to 75 dpi, uncheck the sharpen button.

Please check this link also

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-faxing-and-copying/HP-OfficeJet-J6480-Scanning-Image-Size/m-p/205953

Thanks

Shidhin