Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Why does my HP color laserjet 2600n print one color on top…

Customer Question
Why does my HP color...
Why does my HP color laserjet 2600n print one color on top of the other? How can I correct it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/14/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

You need to perform color registration.

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

How do I perform color registration?
How do I perform color registration? Please advise
To calibrate the printer from the HP Toolbox
NOTE This procedure applies to Windows operating systems only. Macintosh users should
calibrate the printer manually using the procedure above.
1. Open the HP Toolbox in one of these ways:
? On the desktop, double-click the HP Toolbox icon.
? On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to HP, point to HP Color LaserJet
2600n, and click HP Color LaserJet 2600n Toolbox.
2. Click the Troubleshooting tab and then click Troubleshooting Tools (on the left side
of the screen).
3. In the Calibration section, click Calibrate now.
Calibration of printer did not help. Whjat else can I do?
Please describe the color issue a little more. If you print something green how would you describe the color?

green show yellow under it. Red prints with yellow over it. Blue prints with red over it.

It appears that something is not lined up correctly as it does not print directly over the first color. hope this helps

Ok, i have seen instances where you have to do the adjustment three times. Try it two more times.

This is not working. prints as bad as before. you don't seem to know what is wrong either. Stop working, I will call a printer repairman instead. Do not charge my credit card for this as it has not solved the problem.

Thanks

Your colors are out of alignment (color registration). You need to do the full calibration, If the full calibration which takes approximately 30 minutes does not correct the problem then you need to do it again and then a third time. If this does not correct the problem then you do need a technician.
Sorry, your model does not have the full calibration option.
OK try this to reset the printer: 1. Turn off the printer and wait 20 seconds. 2. Press and hold down both arrow keys while turning on the printer and hold them for about 10 seconds. This should reset the printer and hopefully make it work correctly.
This did not help.
The only other item i can think of is a dirty shield glass over the color that is missing rather than misaligned. You will need to be fairly strong mechanically to do this job and it will likely take well over an hour to accomplish.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I will call a repair man to come and fix it.

Thanks

Ok, there is a laser shield for each color, if the laser shield of one color is dirty enough to block the light of that color then you will see a streak through the image where the blocked color is missing. When you see a yellow streak in the green, the cyan laser shield is blocked. Does that make more sense. You do not have a green toner, so the yellow and cyan have to stack on top of each other to create green. The calibration i was having you do straightens up the stack. When that did not correct the problem i figured it must be a color dropping out from a dirty shield. Any way hopefully your tech can fix it quickly. Some of these image quality issues are difficult to communicate.
Thank you,
Charles

Edited by charles_ebs on 6/15/2010 at 5:55 AM EST