Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300 series. I am trying to install…

Customer Question
I have an Epson Stylus...
I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300 series. I am trying to install new ink cartridges. The little red light is blinking and the printer won't take the position needed to open the holder
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/13/2010
Technician: Colin Vincent, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Hi there

Does the carriage move at all when you turn on the printer ?

Yes. The printer will work until I run out of ink
Please tell me how to get the carrier to open so that I can replace the ink cartriges

I am not sure by your description if you just wanted to know how the process of changing the cartridge works or whether you have tried and failed using the normal method.

Normally when the ink is exhausted and the printer gives the ink warning the carriage will automatically move to the correct place to change the cartridge when you open the printer cover.

But the carriage does not move when the cover is opened.
So how do I get the carriage in position so that I can change cartridges?

There is a software override which instructs the cartridge to move to the replacement position.

If you open any application that you normally print from (word etc) and from the file menu click on the print option. Highlight the epson printer and select printing preferences.

Under the maintenance tab there is an option to "replace ink cartridge. (see pic)

graphic

You can also get to the printer preferences via Control panel >hardware and sound>devices and printers and then right clicking on the printer and select properties.