Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP scanjet 4470C wont turn on. It is properly plugg

Customer Question
My HP scanjet 4470C won't...
My HP scanjet 4470C won't turn on. It is properly plugged in and has worked several times before. Do you have any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Technician: mike6708, Technician replied 8 years ago
mike6708
mike6708, Technician

Is it plugged in to a power strip or directly into the wall?

Power strip and it is on!. It is the same power strip my computer is plugged into and is obviously working now as I am typing.

Try plugging it directly into the wall sometimes they have problems being in the power strips and not getting enough power
it is not plugged into the wall... still no power
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

I have moved your Question to Printer section

Your printer doesnt have any user-replacable fuse. It looks like either the power source has issues or the power jack on printer has gone bad or printer's main board has issues.

Are you using the original power adapter that came with printer ? .. If not stop here and let me know, else continue

Please do this and let me know result.

Verify that the electrical connections and outlet are functioning
  1. Unplug the power cable or power module from the electrical outlet.
  2. Unplug the power cable or power module cable from any power strips or surge suppressors.
  3. If the product uses a power module with a detachable power cord, unplug the cord from the power module, and then plug it back into the power module.
  4. Unplug the power cable or power module from the back of the product.
  5. Wait at least 30 seconds, and then plug in the power cable or power module into the electrical outlet.
  6. Plug the power cable or power module back into the product.
  7. Turn the product on.

If this doesnt help, take the printer to another room and plug it in another power source.

If this doesnt help, use a multimeter to check if adapter is giving out right voltage.

If adapter and power source are fine, then your printer has a hardware issue and needs to be repaired. If its less then 1 year old, HP will repair / replace it for free.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Steps 1-7 didn't help. Tried plugging it into another room and didn't help. Mulimeter check said adapter was fine. Is there a history of this problem with this product? This is the second one I have had that did this.
Hi

In that case the printer's main board has failed. You need to send it to HP for repair.

There is no such history of such a problem with this product, be assured