Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an hp photosmart premium 0309g-m (oC81E5) (I have a…

Customer Question
I have an hp photosmart...
I have an hp photosmart premium 0309g-m (oC81E5)
(I have a Mac)
I bought the printer 5 months ago and have nothing but problem after problem!
This time for some reason my black ink shows up as LOW, and it's BRAND NEW.
I can't get it to work at all. I took the cartridge to Best Buy where I bought it, and it works on their printer. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!! I really NEED my printer!
Thanks Beverly
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/13/2010
Technician: James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert
Beverly,

If the cartridge was tested to be functional, the problem is indeed the printer. Since it is 5 months old, HP should repair it at no charge to you. Please call their support department at 800-HP invent
or(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX already have to 800 number......it's always a hassel to cal them for customer support as I've delt with them before. I don't have a warrenty. I'm really upset because I feel I didn't get a "real" answer. Instead, I got an 800 number that I already have and consider this as running around in circles.

I figured if I called an EXPERT I could finally get help.
You mentioned you bought the unit 5 months ago. Did you buy it new?
yes
You are supposed to get a one year warranty, what makes you think it is not under warranty?
Because when I called HP support they said I would be charged for the phone call and they are really expensive. I thought that was covered by the warrenty.....but I guess not. I called AGAIN to find out where I could take it to have it repaired and got disconnected......then I called again and they said that a call center was down.
I know it is tough to get them, but you should try again - you may want to do it tomorrow. Check the documentation that came with the printer, it should tell you your rights within your warranty agreement.

J.
Tomorrow is Sunday. Your answer didn't help me at all......but I would never leave you negative feedback.
I'm afraid I can't fix your printer, as the problem seems to be hardware related. You can take it down to a local Stamples if you want - they charge much less than HP for repair.

J.
I feel that you did not answer my question. You referred me an 800 number DUHHH
I already had and tried that number and never got through because their call centers are down. I took my printer to Best Buy to the Geek Squad and the Geek that helped me told me that I needed to uninstall it and start over again. I took it home and did that and now it works.
Glad to hear your printer is working!

J.
Yes, I'm happy that I finally got an expert that knew what they were doing. I got the run around from so many people, I was just disgusted with the whole ordeal.

I wasn't satisfied with your answer.......which was no help at all, but I won't leave feedback.....negative or positive.
Very kind of you.
I sell on eBay, and I know about feedback.
I appreciate that!

J.