Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I installed a canon mp470, then as I have had it for quite…

Customer Question
I installed a canon mp470...
I installed a canon mp470, then as I have had it for quite a while without installing or using it. I was tired & downloaded updates availale for the mp460. What should I do now, Should I uninstall the printer & then reinstall it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/12/2010
Technician: sandy, Engineer replied 8 years ago
sandy
sandy, Engineer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you please explain the issue a little bit more? Are you facing issue with camera or printer?
-What operating system are you using?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Last night I installed a Canon Mp470 scanner-printer to my computer. I have had the item for about two years without installing it, or using it on it's own. I thought that since I had it for quite a while that I would download the updates for it, but I gave the wrong model # XXXXX the Canon website for updates. I gave them MP460 & received those updates & installed them on my computer.

I am not having issues(I don't want to have issues) because I have not used the scanner-printer at all yet & wondered if I should uninstall it & then reinstall it with the right updates? Would it get rid of the wrong updates on my computer? I also want to know if the ink that came with it is still safe to use or should I buy new ink?

I am using Windows xp -windows vista compatable.

We will together check everything. If you are able to print and scan sucessfully then MP460 updates has not affected anything and you do not worry about it.

Please try to print and scan page.

Also, check the print quality. If you are running low on ink, you will automatically get a message on the computer screen while printing.

=====
If you get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Helllo My Friend,
Is it working?

Edited by sandy on 6/13/2010 at 1:47 AM EST