Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

hp 2550L wont print orange light on

Customer Question
hp 2550L wont print orange light on
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/12/2010
Technician: Colin Vincent, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Hi there

Is this orange light flashing ?

no

The orange light is a general attention light.

If you press the Go and Cancel job buttons together you should get another light sequence that is more specific.

Can you tell me what it is.

2green and amber on

The light sequence is not listed in the service manual.

Have checked and double checked.

Can you confirm just the XXXXX XXXXXght is on and secondary is a 1 orange and 2 green

i have a print job sent to printer the amber and both green lights are on but not flashing
and the secondary lights are they still amber and 2 greens ?
I just turned it off and back on it ran through the cycle and now the middle green light is on but the paper wont feed as if to print

The original error lights you were getting were a firmware error.

The firmware is the internal software for the printer. It could be a temporary error a bit like a crash on a pc software if the error has now cleared.

Can you press go and cancel together and then release.

This should trigger a self test to confirm the printer is functional mechanically.

the test page went through to the heater roller in the back and stoped there i had to clear jam

I would look carefully for anything blocking the paper path. Remove the toner cartridge and check there also.

The fuser can be removed to check for anything trapped by rotating the locks at the sides.

i have checked dont see anything

Try a repeat self test.

if it jams at the same point again there must be a problem around the fuser itself.

it wont print a test page now i have amber and two green lights on no blinking
i need to know the primary and secondary light sequence really as per you did earlier.