Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP officejet pro 8000 wireless printer. It had been…

Customer Question
I have an HP officejet...
I have an HP officejet pro 8000 wireless printer. It had been working fine and then when I went to use it again, it will not feed the paper thru to print. The roller arm looks like it comes down and it makes noise but the paper does not move. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/12/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

This is a problem with the paper rollers either being dirty or worn.

Use a dampened, lint free cloth to thoroughly clean the rollers and after that try printing again.

If the problem persists, then the roller causing the issue is worn and will have to be replaced.

I am doubting that the rollers are worn, but it is possible they may be dusty. Although this is not a new ptinter, it is only used occassionally. At any rate. is there a way to get to these rollers to clean them? The ones that would be at fault are the ones that drop down on the paper to push it forward. I have manually shved paper through to print a document and once iy goes up, the other rollers do their job. The drop down arm is in too tight a space to get my hand in there so I need to know if there is a way to get to them easily. Thanks.