Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I own a Canon MP830 fax/printer etc. I tried to print something…

Customer Question
I own a Canon MP830...
I own a Canon MP830 fax/printer etc. I tried to print something this morning and the alarm light went on and the message "no paper-replace paper and pressOK" There was paper but I took it out and put it back and pressed OK./ No dice. Same message keeps coming up. How do I fix this. I turned the machine off and back on again but that doesn't work.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/12/2010
Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer

Thank you for using JustAnswer. We would like to to solve your problem as soon as possible.

When this happened ? after any paper jam ?

Shidhin
It was not after a paper jam

HI,

Try this,

While the printer is showing the error message, unplug it for 70 seconds and plug it again.

if error message persists, then press and hold the stop/reset button for 10 seconds. it should do a soft reset

Please let me know once you try this

Thanks

Shidhin

I turned off the power as you said for 70 seconds. After turning the machine back on, the same message appeared "no paper etc. and the alarm light went on again. That did not work.

Try this

Try removing some minor object or dust or remnant. Even if you are absolutely sure there is nothing there, in most cases the fix ended up being that something really tiny WAS there.

While disconnected, turn the printer upside down and shake it for 30 seconds. It sometimes frees up anything that accidentally fell into the printer. Also try a vacuum cleaner. Plug everything back in

Please see this link for more information. I'm giving this link because it's much more explained there. please let me know if you've any queries

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2yf0u-canon-mp470-error-rear-tray-there-is-no-paper-load-paper

Thanks
Shidhin