Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I went to HP site and downloaded the driver for HP C6180.

Customer Question
It still dosen't print....
I went to HP site and downloaded the driver for HP C6180. It still dosen't print. I don't know why all of a sudden it won't print from my computer. It will make copies.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/12/2010
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How is it connected?
The printer is connected directly with a cable.
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

Go to the printers area and open up a window for this printer and verify there are no jobs waiting to print. If there are no jobs go under file of the window and check to make sure it is online. If all that checks out select properties and general tab an try to print a test page.

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles

Does not print test page.
Is your Vista 32 or 64 bit? Are you sure you have the correct driver? Did you try removing the power plug the machine for 30 seconds?
Also try a different USB port. Use a port that you know is working.
computer is 64 bit. I downloaded the driver for that particular printer and operating system. Also it dosen't printer from my lap top. I unplugged the router and repulgged. Still nothing.
Ok, so you have it connected to a router, you did not mention that. Can you ping the router from your computer?

This is quirky. I am able to print a pic from Kodak easy share. However the print is not of the quality it should be. But it won't print from anything else. I cannot print a pic from Photosmart Essential.

I don't know what "Ping" means. But it did print from the Kodak Easy Share program. I think the problem lys there somewhere.

I have a program called Kodak Easy Share where I am able to print pics. I used to be able to print from the Kodak program and Photo Smart Essential. But now I can only print pics on Kodak program and the quality is poor. I am not able to print documents or anything else.
Ping is a command used to test the network connection.
Is there a green light lit up next to the cable connection on the printer? Is the corresponding light lit up on the router? Are the lights blinking when you send a print job? The blinking lights indicate data flow and the solid green light indicates a connection.
Relist: Answer quality.
I give all the info that i can and all the expert says is "Need more information"
Ok I got all the lights working. Like I said before. I can print a pic from my computer from the Kodak Easy Share program but not from anywehere ese.
If the light is working on the HP try a print again.
Still nothing. It's late and I'm tired. I have to end this session.
OK

My printer is not functioning properly. Will I be charged on my credit card?

I don't know, I get paid only if you accept my answer. I don't know how it works from the customers side. Have a good night.