Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP C4600 all in printer refuses to print. Says cartridge…

Customer Question
My HP C4600 all in...
My HP C4600 all in printer refuses to print. Says cartridge carrier refuses to print. Test print OK and can copy.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/11/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Do you get any error message on the printer if yes please let me know the exact error message?
the first message was cart cartridge jammed, would not move. I was trying to replace with new caarts. I pulled two cables at back of C6400. new carts went right in. then got a message saying door was open. shut door and recommence printing. 1) door was not open . tried jiggling but still no print out; 2 if sounds like printing and paper comes out, it is blank.
OK
Please uninstall and reinstall the printer software once and let me know the results.
No more info. I give up.
Please uninstall and reinstall the printer software once and let me know the results
Let us try this one more time. How do you goabout precisely uninstalling the printer software. Do ypu first unplug the ccables on the back, Second,how do you reinstall the same software. Do you plug in the cables, if you unplugged them. Do you use the hp CD for these procedures. Using MAc 12.5 X.

Please be precise as to each step. I'm working without a manual and I cannot talk since my larynx has been removed,
  1. Open System Preferences , and then click Print & Fax .
  2. If your product is in the Printers list, click the “–?? minus sign to delete the product.

Install the software with the software CD
  1. Insert the Macintosh product CD into the CD drive of the computer. The HP Installer program opens.
    NOTE: If the installer does not open automatically, double-click the CD icon on the desktop to open the installer.
  2. When prompted, select your HP product, and then click OK .
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.