Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I a told I have a poaper jam but there does not appar to be…

Customer Question
I a told I have...
I a told I have a poaper jam but there does not appar to be any. Can you help me please
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/10/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Turn the machine off then unplug it and disconnect the usb cable (if there is one connected if not skip any USB cable steps). Remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times. Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper. Turn the machine on and then connect the usb cable. Please test the machine and let me know the results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Ihav e done exactly as stated but still not printing
Is it saying paper jam still?
The paper is just coming through the printer with nothing on it,
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself

When the machine starts printing out blank pages it means that the print head has failed and needs to be replaced.
The print head is the part of the printer that puts the ink from the cartridges onto the page.
I would call around first before buying the part because unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself.

Please note that not all issues can be fixed online.

The steps you were given may have confirmed the only solution is repair.

If that was the case please click "Accept”.