Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My mx850 printer was working ok but now is not responding.

Customer Question
I have a message that...
My mx850 printer was working ok but now is not responding. I have a message that ports cannot be used with their current settings. How do I configure the correct settings.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/10/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hello

Robert Preston :

Turn the printer off

Robert Preston :

Uninstall it

Robert Preston :

Restart the computer

Robert Preston :

Then reinstall it

Robert Preston :

Then it should work fine

Customer:

I have unistalled and reinstalled the printer on two different computers twice and still can not get it to work on network only via usb cable. As we have 4 computers in our house this is no good. For some reason the computer can not detect the printer. I have turned firewall off checked the settings on the printer as per mx 850 manual still no luck. I had no problems when I have first installed it so what happened now?